Five Reasons Your Business Needs Professional Photography
Every business can benefit from having professional marketing photography created. But not every business does.
Some companies go with the fast and easy alternative of stock photos. But do they really represent your brand? The answer is no.
Other organizations frequently have an employee take photos, or maybe a friend-of-a-friend. But are they invested, or have the advanced skills of a professional photographer? Again, the answer is no.
If you’ve ever wondered if you should hire a professional photographer for your business, here are five reasons why marketing and product photography is an important part of growing your business.
1. Photography sells products. Consumers and shoppers like to see every angle of a product before they buy it, and with online sales increasing year after year, professional products shots help you convert lookers into buyers.
2. Pictures are teachers. Marketing photos can show difficult to explain concepts or shapes and take the uncertainty and guesswork out of explaining your product or idea. Use your product photography to answer questions before they’re even asked!
3. Stay current. Whatever business you’re in, it’s important to stay current to remain relevant. A professional photographer will be able to advise you on current trends in a way that stock photography simply cannot do.
4. Build your brand. A professional photographer can help create photos that build your brand. High-quality photo assets that reflect your brand can be used on your website, in marketing collateral, and on social media to create brand awareness. Best of all, they’re all yours! There’s nothing worse than spending thousands of dollars on tradeshow graphics using stock photos and then seeing the same photo being used by the booth next to you.
5. Connect with your audience. People want to do business with brands and companies with which they feel a personal connection. A simple headshot or photo of your business environment can make someone feel like they know who you are and understand your business. A good photograph is visual storytelling and can create a connection that makes them feel good about doing business with you.
As an example of the value professional photography creates, one of our clients was creating a new website and needed visual content. The company had been in business for more than 70 years yet had never had professional photographs taken. We sat down with them and listened to their story and learned that one of the company’s strengths was the fact that it has been family-owned from the start. We helped them showcase the family connection with professional headshots.
Another strength of the same company, and the cornerstone of what they do, is handmade craftsmanship. With professional photography, we emphasized the human part of the process and were able to capture unique images that made them stand out from its competition.
Dallas Riffle Media is a full-service marketing company offering photography and video production to build your brand, help you make connections, and help you stand apart from the crowd.